WHO WE ARE
The Middleburg Community Center is unique in that it is a true community center. Supported by the community, for the community, the citizens of Middleburg have assured that the Community Center remains a pristine public space for all ever since our doors opened in 1949. Come and enjoy the picnic grounds, garden, playgrounds, pool and other outdoor spaces. Sign up for a class, or stop in at one of our many public events. Visit our online calendar to learn more about upcoming events.
Join your fellow neighbors, and make a donation to lend your support to this historic and elegant institution in your own backyard.
And contact us for your next event!
2018 BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Mrs. Mimi Abel Smith
Mrs. Carmen R. Arwine
Mrs. Melanie A. Blunt
Mr. W. Carey Crane, III
Mr. Dwight T Grant, II
Mrs. JoAnn Hazard
Mrs. Susan S. Long
Mr. James A. Pearson
Mr. David B. Quanbeck
Ms. Mary B Schwab
Mr. James K. Thompson
Mr. Richard T. Williams
Mr. E. Gerald Wine
Mr. Thomas R. Wiseman, II
Mrs. Bethann Laign-Beeman
Mrs. Helen MacMahon
Secretary: Mr. Treavor D. Lord
Treasurer: Mr. Joseph Litterio
Mrs. Magalen O. Bryant
Mrs. M. Tyson Gilpin
Mrs. Nicole H. Perry
Miss Catherine C. Murdock
KATY TYRRELL: Executive Director
OLIVIA ROGERS: Administrative & Event Coordinator
MEMORIES . . .
We asked you what your fondest memory of the community center is. Here's what you told us . . .
- Cooking & serving food at the Senior Luncheon
- Dancing School with my husband 1952-1953
- Dancing School with my wife 1952-1953
- Learning to walk the runway
- Screaming in pain in Barre Class
- "It Was Mostly Fun" which Thornton Saffer wrote about growing up with my parents.
- Our wedding reception in 1974.
- My retirement party.
- Middleburg Business & Professional Associations' speed networking.
- The Hill School Auction
- Wonderful parties and community fundraisers
- Socializing with local folks
- Children's parade during the 4th of July Celebration
- The first time I attended "Art in the Piedmont" and realized how much local art talent is here in Middleburg
- Shakespeare In the Burg!! So wonderful!
- Cabin Fever Ball
- Duck pin bowling in the 1960's
- Middleburg Film Festival